Today I got a big surprise when I walked in Carter's room to get him when he woke up from his morning nap. I quickly noticed that he had some dark specs all around his mouth. My first thought was that he had spit up a little bit while he was sleeping and maybe had blueberries all over his face. Then I realized that he hadn't eaten blueberries for breakfast! I looked down to see if he had a dirty diaper that had overflowed, but no, not that either. Then I looked over and saw this...
Oh, yes - he had CHEWED HIS CRIB!!! The left side on either side of his fishies and most of the front side, too. He only started pulling up to standing when he woke up a few days ago and I guess he got bored today after he woke up and decided to chew away on the wood. I did not see him doing it on the video monitor, but he has also been very quiet when he wakes up from naps these days. Quite a few times I have gone to check the monitor and he is already sitting up just looking around.
That means in the pictures below...those are wood chips all over his face...
Oh the adventures of having a little boy! I guess he is teething and needed something to chew on :) Needless to say, I immediately began brainstorming what we could do to make sure this didn't happen again. We made a trip IN THE RAIN to BuyBuyBaby and Babies R Us this afternoon and found a few options. However, when Tyler & Mom got home tonight (she is in town to help me for a few days), they came up with the ideo to re-purpose his crib bumper that we were no longer using. Below is our end result:
I actually think it looks pretty cute! Especially with the cutie pie in the middle :) Here's to no more chewing on wood!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.