We went to Meet the Teacher on Friday morning and met Ms. Nancy and Ms. Andrea, who will be Carter's teachers this year. They were both so nice & friendly and seem like they truly love being there and taking care of the babies. One thing I appreciated about this program when Mom & I toured a few months ago was how much they genuinely care about the well-being of the children who attend. What a blessing to know that these ladies truly want the best for your children - physically, emotionally, socially & spiritually! We also met his classmate Jimmy (8 months) and his parents. Ms. Carolyn also helped out in the babies class today and was very sweet as well.
Here is a description of the PCB MDO program from their website:
It is our goal in Mother's Day Out to provide a safe, happy, Christian learning environment for preschool age children when they are at our church. We also strive to encourage the growth of each child spiritually, emotionally, mentally, physically and socially. The eight general concept areas we teach are: God, Jesus, the Natural World, Bible, Self, Others, Family and Church.
Carter was asleep in the swing when I picked him up a little before 2:00pm. I hated to wake him up, but he had taken a short morning nap (30 minutes) and had been asleep about 50 minutes when I got there. He was happy to see me, but it seemed like he had a enjoyable first day, which made me joyful :) All three of the ladies commented on what a "good" and "sweet" baby he was. I couldn't agree more!!!
Our baby also created his first piece of artwork at school today. Wow! I am thinking about framing it :) The Bible story they read today was Matthew 19: 13-14 - The Little Children and Jesus:
Then people brought little children to Jesus for him to place his hands on them and pray for them. But the disciples rebuked them. Jesus said, “Let the little children come to me, and do not hinder them, for the kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.”
They also provide a daily information sheet that summarizes the school day for each child. Today Carter was described as attentive, busy, cooperative, friendly, happy and a little bit teary. He had fun creating an art activity, exploring nature, listening to a Bible story, playing with friends, listening to music and going on a stroller ride. Having this is such a blessing for me because it puts me at ease to know what he was doing while I was gone, how his demeanor was and all of the other little details that I usually know (naps, diapers, feeding info, etc.).
Happy Boy after we got home from school
Carter's 1st piece of artwork along with his cute
monogrammed bag from Aunt Sally!
Look at those sweet handprints!
Hey Mom! I had a good time at school today!
(with his buddies Puppy & Geoff the Giraffe)
It will be fun to compare these prints to his hands as he grows!
Daily Information Sheet
Good first day report
We are thrilled that Carter will be growing and learning with these ladies and kids this year! We pray that this is both a blessing for him and for me.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.